- Approximately 9,000 chickens are slaughtered everyday in the US!!!!
- Ninety percent of protein is lost by cycling grain through livestock.
- Ninety-nine percent of carbohydrate are lost by cycling grain
- One hundred percent of Fiber is lost
- 1.3 trillion people could be fed on the grain and soybeans used to
feed US livestock.
- Every 2.3 seconds a child dies from malnutrition.
- US Cropland used to produce meat: 64%
- US Cropland used to produce fruits and vegetables: 2%
- If one person (living in the US) goes to a meat-free diet, 35 thousand
square feet could be reforested.
- Drought is one of California’s leading environmental problems.
Gallons of water needed to produce one pound of the following foods.
|| Gal. of water || Lettuce
|| 23 |
|| 24 || Wheat
|| 33 |
|| 49 |
|| 544 |
|| 815 |
|| 1630 || Beef
- In the past the death of many great civilizations was caused by
Percent of topsoil depletion in the US associated with livestock raising:
- The percent of fat in whole milk by weight: 3.5% (Most of the weight
The percent of fat in whole milk by calories: 50%